Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tumbling Trampoline

On May 20th we had an unusually hot day for May, 80 degrees. The kids played outside on the neighbors trampoline. The hot sun burned away the chill of the last 6 months. I sat on the front step, watching the kids play, face lifted to the warmth.
That night the wind started to blow. Really, really blow. I was sitting in the living room, having just put the kids to bed, when I heard this extremely loud scraping sound at the front door. I ran to the front window just in time to see the trampoline go tumbling by end over end. If there wasn't a carport and some trees to stop it, I don't know how far it would have gone. I wanted to get a picture of it, but at the time it seemed rather dangerous, and the neighbor had disassembled the tramp by the time I got up in the morning. I did however get a picture of something else. Snow. Apparently the hot air meeting cold is what caused such a wind.

No comments: