Last night at 2:30 a.m. Jared woke me up, shaking me, asking me if I had looked out the window. I'm thinking he is crazy. Why on earth would I look out the window while I was deep asleep. Then he tells me that the firework store is on fire, I jump out of bed and look out the window, and am appalled and deeply amused at the same time.
We both ran down the stairs, and out the door. How I had slept through all of the noise I have no idea. Besides the roar of the fire, and the flashing lights from the firetrucks - not to mention the sirens I had missed - the fireworks that were inside the building were popping and banging like crazy. For those of you who have not been here, it is the first town across the Utah border, and there are three or four full-blown year-round firework stores here. Two of them are just across the freeway, and visible from our house. People come from far and near to buy the fireworks that are illegal elsewhere. When I was growing up in Idaho we (my firefighter father) used to go to Jackson Hole, WY to buy fireworks.
Anyhow, this was a truly awesome sight and we had a great view of it. Unfortunately I do not have the kind of camera that really does nighttime shots. But the bright orange light in the picture is fire. The blue and red lights are rescue vehicles.
You can hear the roar of the fire, and some of the popping of fireworks in the video. You can't really see anything, unless it is possible to maximize it.
No comments:
Post a Comment