Our sweet little boy turned three yesterday, January 12. What a wonderful blessing his calm masculine presence has been to our family. He is cheerful and shy, enthusiastic and kind

Here is the Thomas the Tank Engine cake that he picked out. When he rode to the store with me and I asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said "choo-choo". And he would not change his mind once we got there and he saw all of the other dazzling cakes to choose from. Once he has made up his mind, he does not change it.

Patiently waiting to blow the candles and dig into the presents.
Everyone I have talked to has told me that trying to potty train a boy before three is needless torture, so we have waited, and have focused on potty stuff for this birthday: undies, potty, a baby that wets.

Figuring out what to do with his new potty.

Hmm. Doesn't fit on baby sister's head. What about mine?

And here he is revelling in the attention. The lone boy. Sandwiched in between a firecracker of a sister and a needy baby. Sometimes his sweetness gets him overlooked. All day long this smile was on his face. He so loved being the focus of the families attention. I will have to make sure he gets a bit more of it on a daily basis.
3 comments:
I love boys! Anna is enough drama for me. I dont know how you deal with 4 girls. Although Ezra can be very tenderhearted and emotional at times.
Hard to believe he is 3. I hate to say this because his name is Samuel, but he looks an awful lot like Benjamin did as a child. I mean a lot! Good luck on the potty training.
Looks like Samuel had a fun Birthday! Love the video of Samuel blowing out the birthday candles! That last picture of him is sooo cute! Good luck on the Potty Training, what a good idea to get him excited about it before you begin the process... That is so funny that he put the seat on his head. Fun Photos!
Post a Comment