On April first I decided that it was time I let loose a little and did something to trick the kids. I am afraid that I am not terribly creative when it comes to things like this. The only thing that I could think of was to make green eggs which I told the kids were snake eggs. Doesn't really make much sense, but it was all I had.

We had some mixed reactions. Samuel would not touch them, even after I told him that they were really just normal eggs that I had dyed green.

Elisabeth came right to the table, and began eating. But she has always been willing to eat anything. When she was two and extremely omnivorous, I would ask her if she wanted to eat a series of things--a mushroom, a shark, an alligator, a chicken--and each time she would say 'umm' nodding her head and snapping her teeth. (This picture was taken after I had already told them they were just normal eggs, and she made the face for effect.) Mary followed Elisabeth, and sat down to eat her snake eggs.

Sarah was disgusted and horrified. I told her that she had to at least try a bite of the snake eggs. How did she if they were gross or not if she didn't try them. So she placed the tiniest little bite on her tongue and started the 'eeewww, gross' hysterics. When I said April Fool's, and that they were just colored normal eggs, she did eat them. And this picture was also taken after the truth was revealed, she put on a smile for the camera, erasing her look of revulsion.
2 comments:
I don't know if when you named Sarah you knew how much like she would look like old Sarah, but man she looks so much like her. Hope she is a little gentler!
What a cute idea! Love the expressions on all of their faces:)
Post a Comment