It is funny how your view of things can change. When I was a kid I was so very disappointed if there was no snow on Thanksgiving because when there was snow we got to go sledding on this great hill near my Aunt and Uncle's house. (Never mind that one year I ran into the back of my cousin's sled - you know the old kind with the metal runners - and had a fat lip for a week). Now I breath a sigh of relief if we can get into December without having a lasting snowfall. We live in Wyoming, so there is really no hope of not having snow before December, but usually it will melt in a day or two during October and November.
So, to remind myself of the long, long, winter last year -the one which stole away my childish delight in snow, and turned it into a weary dread - I am going to post a picture of my back porch in February of 2008.
And a video of what I saw every time I opened my door for six months. Which caused mass ear infections and sickness among the family: And this isn't even when it was snowing. All of this is to help me realize that I do not need snow in order to feel the spirit of Christmas. After all, half of the world is in summertime when Christmas rolls around.
2 comments:
I think I would go crazy with all that snow all the time. Especially with 5 little kids! Yikes!
Those pictures are all to familiar and I have some just like it:) Over the summer and fall I tend to sometimes forget how terrible the winters are here, now that I think about it maybe I block them out like a bad memory. What a great reminder of what lies ahead:) I like the snow in December too..it does help it feel more like Christmas time.
Post a Comment